Re: About the osgearth package in Debian and Ubuntu

On 12/6/20 1:47 AM, Paul Levy wrote:
> Hi, I am Paul from Pelican Mapping, developers of osgEarth.  As the
> developers, we would be interested in maintaining the package, but we have
> no experience doing so.  Any helpful pointers on how to begin would
> be appreciated.

General:

 https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

Team specific:

 https://debian-gis-team.pages.debian.net/policy/

One pain point for osgearth packaging is the lack of license information
for files in the data subdirectory, only a statement for data/resources
is available. These files had to be removed from the upstream tarball,
and executables using these had to be excluded as well.

You should really fix this so that no repacking is required and
everything can be built and installed before reintroducing the package.