Request for membership

Dear Debian Gis team,

I like to join your team and help packaging GIS related software. I'm a
mechanical engineer, but I'm participating in open source software btw.
programming myself since over 20 years.

I'm developing an application for measuring the water depth with help of
sensors present at boat CAN networks combined with a webservice application,
which processes the measurings. The result of the process is a tiled map. I
started the GNUBoat project in 2017 and I'm now ready to package it. I like to
create a debian package from it, because we run debian as our server system. I
do not plan to add the package itself to debian (until there is a notable
usage), but I like to get the used dependencies into debian, because they
seems to be useful for many others too. GIS related is the mercantile python
library. I also submitted a patch (added tile size option) for gdal2tiles.py
to upstream  already.

Regards,

Joachim