Re: Please make sure Debian GIS metapackages are reflecting Buster package pool

On 2019-06-13 09:33, Andreas Tille wrote:
the release date for Buster was fixed now.  This is the time when I
re-render those Blends metapackages I feel responsible to make sure that
its reflecting the stable package pool.  Usually we are loosing some
packages in the freeze process.

I looked into Debian GIS metapackages[1] and noticed that you are
maintaining a longish changelog compared to the version in stable.
Since I've lost track to the Debian GIS metapackage I will not fiddle
around with this but please double check that we are releasing with
metapackages that are consistent with the package pool.

I have uploaded Debian Med, Debian Science and DebiChem and will file
unblock bugs soon.  Usually the release team accepts longer debdiffs
than usual since I explained it in previous releases.  I'll CC the
Blends list with these bugs so you have some example.

debian-gis (0.0.16) should be fine to release with buster.

The UNRELEASED changes in 0.0.17 are mostly relevant for bullseye.