Re: BandMathX in OTB

On 2019-04-24 13:58, Andrew Harvey wrote:
According to
http://otb-users.37221.n3.nabble.com/otbcli-BandMathX-missing-in-my-OTB-6-6-0-td4030952.html
otbcli_BandMathX
is not available in the Debian packages because of
https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/otb/blob/master/debian/rules#L56.

It looks like https://packages.debian.org/source/sid/muparserx is
available, is there a reason this is still disabled?

Have you looked at the git history?

That shows that the option was added in the update for OTB 5.0.0.

When features are disabled, it's usually because the packaged dependency is not supported.

If you want this feature enabled, the packaging needs to be updated and tested to work with the packaged muparserx.

Actual users of the OTB package should do that.

If you care about OTB in Debian, you should consider becoming a co-maintainer.

I just keep the package on life-support like many others I don't actually use.