Re: Newbie questions on packaging opencpn

On 05/09/18 09:39, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 9/5/18 9:21 AM, Alec Leamas wrote:
>> Hi Sebastiaan,
>>

>> The question becomes what is the lesser evil: using a get-orig-source to
>> retrieve the sources, or messing with crlf patches and who-knows-what
>> with crlf sources.
>>
>> My opinion should be clear from how I phrase this question ;)
>>
>> That said, using the watch file and rework get-orig-source to use uscan
>> to download the sources is a nobrainer.
>
> Using a watch file with git mode as suggested by Andreas is a much
> better option than the get-orig-source target in the rules file.

As I said, perhaps not clear enough, using the watch file is an obvious
nobrainer. This gives the possibility to scan for new releases.

My gut feeling still is that using get-orig-source and consistent lf
line ends is a better option than wading into a mess of inconsistent
line endings. That said, I'm a newbie, I could try to walk this path.
However, this means reworking large parts of my setup, and I question
the value. It will considerably delay my work.

To be frank, it also effects my motivation.

Cheers!
--alec