Von: Sebastiaan Couwenberg [mailto:sebastic@xs4all.nl]
Gesendet: Freitag, 7. Juli 2017 15:49
An: Schöke, Karsten; debian-gis@lists.debian.org
Cc: Mohr, Marcus
Betreff: Re: mapserver 7.0.6 via jessie backports-sloppy

Hi Karsten,

On 07/07/2017 03:12 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 07/07/2017 03:00 PM, Schöke, Karsten wrote:
>> it's possible to provide mappserver [1] 7.0.6 to Jessie-backports-sloppy?
>
> While possible, I'd rather not have to maintain a sloppy backport.
>
> Upgrading to stretch is recommended as long as you don't need php-mapscript.
>
> If you do need php-mapscript, I suggest you join the Debian GIS team
> and maintain the mapserver backport for jessie.
>
> https://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/index.html#membership

I've accepted your request to join the Debian GIS team, please read the backports section of the policy of you've not done so already:

 https://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/packaging.html#git-backports

Also read the Backports contributor documentation:

 https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/

Specifically the Basic Rules.

Regarding the PHP MapScript changes, you'll need to undo the php5 -> php changes. The backport needs to keep using the php5-mapscript name.

The backported package must be built in a clean jessie chroot, and the the security sources need to be enabled for php5 updates. You'll need to modify the /etc/apt/sources.list in the chroot for that.

Please use this list to ask for review of the package and sponsoring of the upload.