Re: Debian GIS packages in stretch

On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 04:17:34PM +0100, Jochen Topf wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 07, 2017 at 04:40:37PM +0100, Bas Couwenberg wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks Sebastiaan. Always a pleasure to work with you!
> > >
> > > How are we handling versioning in the future? Does it make sense for me
> > > to keep a branch with essential bugfixes only based on the current
> > > version so that Debian stable can get those bugfixes?
> >
> > Only changes for bugs of severity important and higher are eligible for
> > stable updates, so only those kind of bugfixes will benefit from such a
> > branch.
>
> I'll make sure only those fixes get in there. I can always ask you if I
> am not sure whether something is important enough.

I have just released libosmium version 2.12.0 (new and shiny stuff) and
2.11.1 (only bugfixed). I am planning to support the 2.11 branch with
cherry-picks/backports of bug fixes for the time being.

I will also do a new release of osmium-tool. I don't think it is
affected by the bugs in libosmium, so no new "stable" version of that
needed.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen@remote.org  https://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-351-31778688