Re: No QGIS in stretch due to Qt4 WebKit removal

On 01/09/2016 01:11 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> The Qt4 WebKit removal bugreport for qgis (#784514) has been raised to
> Release Critical severity which will cause its removal from testing.
>
> [...]
>
> Hopefully the upcoming QGIS 2.14 release will build successfully with
> Qt5 & Python 3 and is ready in time for stretch.

Instead of waiting for the switch to Qt5 with QGIS 2.16, I think we
should disable the QtWebKit support in QGIS to unblock the removal of
the WebKit support from Qt4.

Disabling the QtWebKit support has much less impact than switching QGIS
2.14 to Qt5. This will allow us to resolve the RC bug and get qgis back
into testing and available for backports.