Re: HDF4

On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 10:26 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg
<sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi Johan,
>
> On 05/06/2016 05:47 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> On 06/23/2015 05:21 PM, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
>>> I've spent some time trying to update HDF4 a while ago, and I am
>>> picking it up again now.
>>
>> Can you push your all branches and tags from your hdf4 repo? The 4.2.11
>> changes are missing on Alioth.
>>
>>  git push --all && git push --tags
>>
>> I'd like to get this package in shape and uploaded.
>
> Thanks for pushing your upstream & pristine-tar branches.
>
> I've also pushed my final changes.
>
> Do you have anything to add before uploading the package?>
No.

I highly recommend uploading to experimental first as there may be
FTBFS errors on some architectures. But I suppose you were planning to
do that anyway to collect symbols.

On the longer term, as mentioned in
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=796745 I think we
should build only without netcdf, but I think we should definitely get
this one published first.

Kind Regards,
Johan