transition: geos (spatialite->postgis->gdal->spatialite circular dependency)

On 26-08-15 15:11, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 17-08-15 22:16, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> On 17-08-15 21:50, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>> I've completed the rebuilds of first dependency level, we need to
>>> untangle the spatialite->postgis->gdal->spatialite circular dependency
>>> to make the build dependencies for all these packages installable with
>>> the new libgeos-c1v5 package.
>>
>> To deal with the spatialite->postgis->gdal->spatialite circular
>> dependency the process should probably be:
>>
>>  * Upload geos to unstable to start the GCC 5 transition
>>  * Upload spatialite (4.3.0-2) to unstable, drops liblwgeom dependency
>>  * File RC bug on spatialite (4.3.0-2) about liblwgeom regression to
>>    prevent testing migration, and have the RC bug block the geos
>>    transition bug (#791045) too
>>  * BinNMU gdal with spatialite (4.3.0-2) in unstable
>>  * BinNMU postgis with rebuilt gdal & spatialite in unstable
>>  * Upload spatialite (4.3.0-3) to unstable, reinstates liblwgeom
>>    dependency
>>  * BinNMU gdal with spatialite (4.3.0-3) in unstable
>>  * BinNMU postgis with rebuilt gdal & spatialite in unstable
>
> Because the transitions have started that prevented rebuilding the geos
> reverse dependencies earlier, I plan to start the geos transition soon.
>
> [...]
>
> To require as little actions from the Release Team as possible, the
> BinNMUs in the above procedure will be normal uploads.

geos (3.5.0-1) has been uploaded to unstable to start the transition.

To deal with the circular dependency the following uploads have also
been made:

 * spatialite (4.3.0-2)
   Drops liblwgeom-dev dependency to temporarily not depend on postgis

 * gdal (1.11.2+dfsg-2)
   Requires libspatialite-dev (>= 4.3.0-2~)

 * postgis (2.1.8+dfsg-3)
   Requires libgdal-dev (>= 1.11.2+dfsg-2~)

After the buildds have completed these builds, the follow uploads will
be made:

 * spatialite (4.3.0-3)
   Reinstates liblwgeom-dev dependency to fix the regression

 * gdal (1.11.2+dfsg-3)
   Requires libspatialite-dev (>= 4.3.0-3~)

 * postgis (2.1.8+dfsg-4)
   Requires libgdal-dev (>= 1.11.2+dfsg-3~)

After that the rest of geos rdeps can be rebuild as usual.