Re: upgrade orfeotoolbox to 5.0

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 12:15 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
On 07/17/2015 11:23 PM, Rashad M wrote:
> What will be the preferred way to update OTB to latest release 5.0 in
> DebianGIS[1] ?

Use git-buildpackage to import the new upstream release into the git
repo on Alioth:

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/otb.git

> There has been a lot of work in OTB packaging done by Paolo and other for
> OTB 4.2. I would like to upgrade it to 5.0.0 if there isn't any blockers
> for it.  From list what I read was there was some issues with licensing
> which is to be resolved. But with 5.0 release a lot of these pain has
> lifted by developers. [2]

That's great news, thanks!

> So my question is where should I start to get OTB 5.0.0 into DebianGIS ?

Start with the packaging workflow as documented in the policy:

http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/

And specifically:

http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/packaging.html#git-new-upstream

Thanks Sebastiaan for quick reply!. I will get it started.

Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1