Re: Osmium packages

On Sa, Jul 04, 2015 at 04:01:09 +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 07/04/2015 03:22 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> >> One change important for packaging: osmium-tool now includes the RapidJSON
> >> library. License info in LICENSE-rapidjson.txt must probably be added to
> >> Debian package. RapidJSON is a header-only library.
> >
> > The RapidJSON license contains the problematic json-no-evil license [1]
> > that we cannot include in Debian.
> >
> > Can you change the JSON support to use a JSON implementation that does
> > not have the problematic license (libjsoncpp for example)?
> >
> > [1] https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/jsonevil
>
> The problematic JSON_checker utility and  included in the upstream
> RapidJSON project is not included in the osmium-tool copy, so the JSON
> no-evil problem doesn't seem to actually affect osmium.

Hm. That probably means I have to change the LICENSE-rapidjson.txt file? All
rather confusing...

I have raised the issue upstream: https://github.com/miloyip/rapidjson/issues/377

We'll see what becomes of that.

Anyway, just found a bug in Osmium, so I have quickly released a v1.1.1
before anybody uses the v1.1.0.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen@remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-351-31778688