Re: netcdf Transition

Okay, we're probably going to need another small package here, namely "Legacy NetCDF-3 C++" [1]. It provides legacy access for C++, used for example by VTK. It should be fairly easy to build and I'll be happy to start it off, but I could certainly require some hands at some point.

Cheers,
Nico

[1] https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/index.jsp