Re: sfcgal package for postgis and others

Sven Geggus <lists@fuchsschwanzdomain.de> wrote:

> Way to late now to fix the rest

Fixed another couple of lintian warnings.

We are down to those now:

P: sfcgal source: debian-watch-may-check-gpg-signature
P: libsfcgal-dev: no-upstream-changelog
I: libsfcgal1: spelling-error-in-binary usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSFCGAL.so.1.1.0 inconsistant inconsistent
I: libsfcgal1: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSFCGAL.so.1.1.0
P: libsfcgal1: no-upstream-changelog
I: libsfcgal1: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSFCGAL.so.1.1.0
I: sfcgal-bin: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/viewer-SFCGAL informations information
P: sfcgal-bin: no-upstream-changelog

So lets work out how I could fix them.

* I did not figure out what the debian-watch-may-check-gpg-signature
means.  So I would need a hint there.

* As far as the upstream-changelog is concerned I do not think there
is more than the output of "git log" in master.  The "NEWS" file in
the root directory is definitely not up-to date.

* I filed a pull request on upstream to fix the spelling errors.

* no-symbols-control-file seems to be a hard on. I found this page:
http://aerostitch.github.io/linux_and_unix/debian/lintian_no-symbols-control-file.html
but dpkg-gensymbols does not seem to work for me. So I guess I would
need another hint here.

Regards

Sven

--