Re: netCDF Strategy

On 06/10/2015 10:29 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> That's not a good idea. Dependency level > 1 packages have a
> dependency on the transitioning package but also on one or more the
> other reverse dependencies of the transition package. You need to have
> all these rebuilt with the transitioning package before building the
> next dependency level.

Thanks Bas. I had always wondered what the dependency levels meant.

> Because packages like vtk6 depend on the netcdf & netcdf-cxx libaries,
> those cannot be tested with only the new netcdf.

I have closed the bug now. I had managed in the past to do test builds
with NEW packages using mini-dinstall and pbuilder. But I failed this
time because mini-dinstall doesn't have a pool for experimental. Whilst
I could "frig" things, you are right that I should probably wait :-)

Cheers,

Ross