Re: Fwd: [otb] 01/01: Update debian/copyright

Hello,

OTB packaging currently uses help2man to fix linitan errors for no-manual-page..... I was thinking instead of having same man pages for every application, you can apply the same method on every script.

So If it is Ok to reference a spec file, then have a look the man page generation here -
http://hg.orfeo-toolbox.org/OTB-DevUtils/file/856f6d10f2ab/Packaging/fedora/specs/otb.spec#l151

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Rashad M <mohammedrashadkm@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 9:54 AM, Johan Van de Wauw <johan.vandewauw@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> Hi Rashad,
>
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 06:12:10PM +0100, Rashad M wrote:

>> However certain libraries have exceptions: 6S, EDISON, SVM
>
> May be at a (way) later point in time it might make sense to also
> package these separately - but I personally have no idea about these.
>
> Kind regards and thanks for the good news
>
>     Andreas.

I think at least some of them (I remember SVM) contain custom changes.
The ideal solution here is to either get rid of those (by contributing
upstream or updating your code).

But there are some changes specific for OTB that cannot be pushed upstream

For SVM
See note#c1428 in the bug report[1]

http://bugs.orfeo-toolbox.org/view.php?id=553#c1428

For 6S
See note#c1425 in the bug report[1]
http://bugs.orfeo-toolbox.org/view.php?id=553#c1425

I think edison might get removed in the future version of OTB. And by future I mean not so far :)

So overall two exceptions of bundled libraries inside OTB.

Johan

--
Regards,
   Rashad