Re: SAGA GIS 2.1.2

Hi Johan,

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 04:21:04AM -0400, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
> Andreas,
>
> Thanks for you comments. I like the Files-Excluded field. Just in case
> somebody else want to use this, make sure you also change the Format
> to version 1.1:
> Format: http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.1/

For sure.  Otherwise Files-Excluded is ignored.  It only works with this
format (and thus I was mentioning DEP5 copyright file as item 1. ;-)).

> Would you still add dfsg to the version number when using this mechanism?

Yes.  The appendix is just a flag that you changed the upstream tarball
which remains the case no matter what method you are using to strip the
files in question.  Hint:  To get a properly named tarball you need to
_u_versionmangle s/$/+dfsg/ - even if lintian thinks this is wrong.

If I were you I would inject these changes into Git right now to have
it ready for the next upload.  Feel free to ask me if you need any
assistance.

Kind regards

       Andreas.