Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 21:48:31 +0000
From: 15th Libre Software Meeting <contact2014@rmll.info>
To: tille@debian.org
Subject: [RMLL2014] Thanks for your submission

### Your proposal

** Title (fr)**
*(no data entered)*

** Titile (en)**
Debian GIS

** Introduction (fr) **
*(no data entered)*

** Introduction (en) **
Introducing a Debian Pure Blend for Geographic Information Systems

** Description (fr)**
*(no data entered)*

** Description (en)**
Debian tries to support software for Geographic Information Systems as best
as possible. The Debian GIS team tries their best to create packages of all
relevant software including Openstreetmap software. The talk will explain
the cooperation between Debian GIS and the OSGEO distribution and the
future plans of both teams to create the best distribution of GIS software.

** Meeting duration**
40

** Conference level**
confirm

** Target public**
geek

** Topic**
Sciences and learning

### About you

** Your name**
Andreas Tille

** Your email**
tille@debian.org

** Website **
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianGis

** Address**

** Bio**
*(no data entered)*

** Bio (en)**
I’m a physicist by profession and a Debian developer since 1998. After
creating the Debian Med project in 2002 I extended the principle of user
oriented projects inside Debian (so called Debian Pure Blends) and also
tried to apply the principles developed in the Debian Med team into other
teams like Debian Science, DebiChem and Debian Edu. I dived into the Debian
GIS team in 2013 and was able to help to some extend here.

** Other pratical information**
*(no data entered)*\---|

Sent via the site 15th Libre Software Meeting (https://2014.rmll.info)

----- End forwarded message -----