Re: osgEarth 2.5

On 03/01/2014 01:48 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> Because osgEarth 2.4 was built on all architectures except hurd-i386,
> the experimental builds of QGIS 2.2 are now inconsistent. I've added a
> versioned build dependency on at least osgearth-dev 2.5.0 to tie the
> fate of QGIS 2.2 to osgEarth 2.5 and its build dependencies.
>
> If the qgis builds on the remaining ports succeed, I think we should
> upload osgearth 2.5.0+dfsg-1 and qgis 2.2.0-1 to unstable.

Like for 2.0.1-2, the build of qgis 2.2.0-0~exp1 failed on armhf while
generating the API documentation.

This step takes too much time, and after 5 minutes of inactivity the
build gets killed.

The package built fine on the armhf porterbox, but there I only use
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="parallel=2", the buildds configure a higher value if
I'm not mistaken.

But I don't think this is the problem, although it may be part of it.

I think generating the graphs for API takes too much memory causing the
OOM killer to eventually kill the make process.

The qgis-api-doc package is installed by very few QGIS users according
to popcon, so limiting its influence on the success of the builds seem
like a good idea.

I'll devise a patch to limit the work done to generate the API docs.

GnuPG: 0xE88D4AF1 (new) / 0x77A975AD (old)