Re: Packaging mapserver 6.2.1

Sebastiaan wrote:
> As also mentioned in reply to Alan Boudreault on pkg-grass-
> devel@ [1],

fwiw I'm not sure if anyone reads that too list closely, or if
humans should post to it at all. I know I just refer to it from
time to time browse through SCM changes and bug reports, I don't
actively read it looking to requests or personal mails.

actual person-to-person contact should happen on this ML.

> I'd like to base my changes on those Alan made for Ubuntu.
> But so far I've not heard back.
>
> [1]
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-grass-devel/2013-May/014472.html
>
> I'm not in a hurry, I'd rather do it right than do it fast.
> I'll send a direct mail to the mapserver uploaders to hopefully
> get a conversation going that way since using the lists doesn't
> appear to work well.
>
> If I don't hear anything in a week, I'll start merging my
> changes into git.debian.org. Does that sound reasonable, or
> am I too impatient?

I would try to ping Alan on the ubuntu at lists.osgeo.org mailing
list; he's around, I had some emails with him last week.

regards,
Hamish