Re: opencpn_2.5.0+dfsg-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Mike wrote:
> >> opencpn-2.5.0\include\tiny{str,xml}.h have a license not
> >> mentioned in the copyright file
Hamish:
> > they are rm -rf'd in debian/rules (in favour of the system's
> > copy),  but anything appearing in the .orig.tar.gz file must be
> > documented. again, a simple fix to avoid the current omission.
Aron:
> Another idea would be removing them during your repack (DFSG), but
> it's up to your choice and document it better.

Since the dfsg repack is to remove actual dfsg non-Free bits*, not
just a cleanup, I prefer to leave the cleanup stuff to the build
scripts. i.e. the .orig would still contain everything it needs to
self-build, and the build rules would remove the embedded version
of tinyxml and patch-in the small modification to depend on the
official deb package version. it's just a non-problematic one
liner in the copyright file, so no worries.
(I think I just made a very simple thing sound complicated)

thanks,
Hamish

[*] the MS-Windows port's VC redistributable dlls; can only be
linked to GPL software under the GPL's System Library exemption
if they are not distributed as part of the GPL binary installer.
still looking for a good registry check + web browser launcher
URL to find a nice solution which both respects the spirit of
the GPL and the least amount of manual dll installing pain for
the end user.