Re: vtp -- Virtual Terrain Project

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 09:04:40PM +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:

> Note that there are also programs still not packaged, with their own
> homepages (and possibly RFPs).

Because of the alioth migration I can not demonstrate it on the "official"
Blends page but you can see on blends.debian.net:

   http://blends.debian.net/gis/tasks/workstation#wnpp-debs

It is documented in the Blends documentation[1].  You can see quite
extensive examples about the use of prospective packages on the Debian
Med page[2].  Again, please tell me, if you are missing features you
need for Debian GIS.

> Also, what about backports ?

As far as I know backports are not yet included in UDD.  If this would be
done (might be a task for DebConf) it becomes brain dead easy to add this
information to the tasks pages.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

[1] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/blends/ch-sentinel.en.html#s-packageslist