Re: [DebianGIS] Specific packages for SAR and earth observation

Hi Emmanuel,
first of all thank you very much for the beautiful job you, and the OTB
team, are doing

Il giorno Wed, 8 Dec 2010 08:58:41 -0800
Emmanuel Christophe <emmanuel.christophe@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> > The next release of OTB (3.8) and Monteverdi (the GUI tool based on
> > OTB) will be in December
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/group/otb-users/browse_thread/thread/4efc34af596a90dc?hl=en
> >
> > I plan to make some more testing on debian packages after the
> > release is out.
> >
> > As a general consideration it have to be noted that OTB depends on a
> > big number of libraries and often internal versions of those libs
> > (in some cases patched) are used.
> >
> > Giving a quick look to  libotb3.8_3.8.0-0ppa~maverick_amd64.deb I
> > see:
> >
> > /usr/lib/otb/libdxf.so.3.8.0
> > /usr/lib/otb/libITK*
> > /usr/lib/otb/libotbliblas.so.3.8.0
> > /usr/lib/otb/libotbmuparser.so.3.8.0
> > /usr/lib/otb/libotbopenjpeg.so.1.2.0
> > /usr/lib/otb/libotbossim.so
> > /usr/lib/otb/libotbsvm.so.3.8.0
> > /usr/lib/otb/libsiftfast.so.3.8.0
> > /usr/lib/otb/libtinyXML.so.3.8.0
> > /usr/lib/otb/libotbkml.so.3.8.0
> > /usr/lib/otb/libotbconfigfile.so.3.8.0
> > /usr/lib/otb/libotbedison.so.3.8.0
> > /usr/lib/otb/libotb6S.so.3.8.0
> >

> In most case the libraries are unmodified, and it's not too hard to
> provide an option to use libraries provided by the system (this is the
> case for liblas). I'll have a look at some of the others.

Please let me know if exist unmodified libraries that are not packaged
at all (both in ubuntu and debian) or that have outdated packages.
I could try to spend some effort on them.

thanks

--
Antonio Valentino