[DebianGIS] R: Re: Specific packages for SAR and earth observation

Hi Andreas,

Il giorno Tue, 30 Nov 2010 11:26:07 +0100
Andreas Tille
<andreas@an3as.eu> ha scritto:

> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 10:27:49AM
+0100,
> antonio.valentino@tiscali.it wrote:
> > Hi list,
> > I'm
working on a set of packages that are very specific for
> > SAR

processing (interferometry, polarimetry, data visualization, etc)

and

polsarpro: http://earth.
> > esa.int/polsarpro
> > doris: http://doris.
tudelft.nl
> > getorb: http://www.
> > deos.tudelft.
nl/ers/precorbs/tools/getorb_pack.shtml
> > libepr: https:
> > //github.
com/bcdev/epr-api
> > snaphu: http://www-star.stanford.

edu/sar_group/snaphu
http://www.
> > asf.alaska.edu/downloads/software_tools
> > best: http:
//earth.esa.
> > int/services/best
> > bestgui: http://bestgui.
sourceforge.net

NEST: http://liferay.array.ca:
> > 8080/web/nest
>
> I would recommend
adding another task to

>    svn://svn.debian.
org/svn/blends/projects/gis/trunk/debian-gis/tasks

> and do the
relevant documentation (about licensing issues, problems in
> packaging
etc) there.

OK, let me know how I can contribute but, I repeat, I'm
not an expert
in licensing issues, so any contribute of mine should be
carefully
reviewed.

> > Unfortunately some of this tools have license

> > limitations or are free
> > but not open source (like best).
> > In
this cases
> > I will provide only the PACKAGE/debian packaging stuffs

> > via so that
> > users can built packages by their self.
> >

> > Interested people can take a
> > look to
> >
> > https://code.
launchpad.net/~a.valentino

> > for pre-built
> > packages for
Ubuntu 10.10 and to

> > https://launchpad.net/~a.

valentino/+archive/eotools

> > for packaging source code (upstream
source
> > are not in the repo).
>
> Links to the packages in
Launchpad can be given using the Pkg-URL
> field (see [1]).

OK

Any kind of feedback is welcome.

> If you like the idea of having a
SAR section at the Debian GIS tasks
> pages[2] but have no clue how to
approach this I'm volunteering to do
> 2-3 examples which should be
enough to give you an idea.

>From my point of view yes, it would be
nice to have a SAR section at
the Debian GIS tasks pages and I will be
happy to contribute as I can.
And yes, I'm not to much familiar with
this kind of things so a couple
of examples would be useful.

> [1]

> http://blends.alioth.debian.org/blends/ch-sentinel.en.html#s-
packageslist
> [2] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/gis/tasks

best
regards

--
Antonio Valentino

Supera i limiti: raddoppia la velocità da 10 a 20 Mega!

Risparmia con Tutto Incluso: telefono + adsl 20 mega a soli 29,95 € al mese per due anni!

SCONTO DI 240 EURO!

http://abbonati.tiscali.it/telefono-adsl/prodotti/tc/tuttoincluso/?WT.mc_id=01fw