Re: [DebianGIS] Specific packages for SAR and earth observation

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 11:06:02AM +0100, antonio.valentino@tiscali.it wrote:
> Yes I'm giving an higher priority to non-java
> packages also because I don't know java and tools related to it.
> Making
> a package for a java program requires more effort to me.
>
> Anyway I'm
> particularly interested to NEST, that's why, soon or later, I'll end up
> to make a package for it.

As you probably know, NEST is already packaged as jvm jar, it has little
interest having a .deb format, and it presents also the usual mess of binary
blobs taken from other projects with very few pre-checks about licenses
(e.g. the JAI package is almost for sure included and it is non-free).

That said, it could be of interest from time to time giving back to
ESA folks reports about problems on the Debian platforms (e.g. I had
quite often segfaults at startup in the past)