Re: [DebianGIS] Specific packages for SAR and earth observation

Hi Francesco,
thank you for your answer

valentino@tiscali.it"<antonio.valentino@tiscali.it>
general@lists.alioth.debian.org>

49AM +0100, antonio.valentino@tiscali.it wrote:
>> polsarpro: http:
//earth.

getorb: http://www.
>> deos.tudelft.nl/ers/precorbs/tools/getorb_pack.
shtml
>> libepr: https:
>> //github.com/bcdev/epr-api
>> snaphu: http:
//www-star.stanford.
>> edu/sar_group/snaphu
>> roipac: http://www.
roipac.org
>> mapready: http://www.
>> asf.alaska.
edu/downloads/software_tools
>> best: http://earth.esa.

int/services/best
>> bestgui: http://bestgui.sourceforge.net

gsdview:
>> http://gsdview.sourceforge.net
>> NEST: http://liferay.
array.ca:
>> 8080/web/nest
>>

>> Unfortunately some of this tools
have license
>> limitations or are free
>> but not open source (like
best).
>> In this cases
>> I will provide only the PACKAGE/debian
packaging stuffs
>> via so that
>> users can built packages by their
self.

>> Interested people can take a
>> look to
>>
>> https:
//code.launchpad.net/~a.valentino

>> for pre-built
>> packages for
Ubuntu 10.10 and to

>> https://launchpad.net/~a.

valentino/+archive/eotools

>> for packaging source code (upstream
source
>> are not in the repo).
>>

>> Any kind of feedback is
welcome.

>I strongly suggest to use a git repository to allow a
distributed workflow
>which would be a fundamental plus for those
programs.

currently the code is under bzr distributed control system
on my personal area on launchpad.

A complete list of branches is at

https://code.launchpad.net/~a.valentino

You can download of e.g
polsarpro as follows:

bzr branch lp:~a.valentino/+junk/polsarpro

Anyway I'm open to any suggestion regarding tools, hosting and also
things like project layout.
This is the first time I work to debian
packaging so I'm still learning.

Do you think a project on e.g. github
would be a better solution?

>At the time, I excluded most of them
because of licenses which make
>them undistributable or non-free in the
best case.

oh I don't know much about licensing issues and how they
are handled in debian/ubuntu.
So any help in that field is very very
welcome.

>But indeed your effort can help a few people: I'd concetrate
on
>non java stuff.

Yes I'm giving an higher priority to non-java
packages also because I don't know java and tools related to it.
Making
a package for a java program requires more effort to me.

Anyway I'm
particularly interested to NEST, that's why, soon or later, I'll end up
to make a package for it.

Best regards

--
Antonio Valentino

Supera i limiti: raddoppia la velocità da 10 a 20 Mega!   Risparmia con Tutto Incluso: telefono + adsl 20 mega a soli 29,95 € al mese per due anni!  SCONTO DI 240 EURO!  http://abbonati.tiscali.it/telefono-adsl/prodotti/tc/tuttoincluso/?WT.mc_id=01fw