Re: [DebianGIS] Specific packages for SAR and earth observation

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 10:27:49AM +0100, antonio.valentino@tiscali.it wrote:
> polsarpro: http://earth.
> esa.int/polsarpro
> doris: http://doris.tudelft.nl
> getorb: http://www.
> deos.tudelft.nl/ers/precorbs/tools/getorb_pack.shtml
> libepr: https:
> //github.com/bcdev/epr-api
> snaphu: http://www-star.stanford.
> edu/sar_group/snaphu
> roipac: http://www.roipac.org
> mapready: http://www.
> asf.alaska.edu/downloads/software_tools
> best: http://earth.esa.
> int/services/best
> bestgui: http://bestgui.sourceforge.net
> gsdview:
> http://gsdview.sourceforge.net
> NEST: http://liferay.array.ca:
> 8080/web/nest
>

> Unfortunately some of this tools have license
> limitations or are free
> but not open source (like best).
> In this cases
> I will provide only the PACKAGE/debian packaging stuffs
> via so that
> users can built packages by their self.
>

> Interested people can take a
> look to
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~a.valentino
>
> for pre-built
> packages for Ubuntu 10.10 and to
>
> https://launchpad.net/~a.
> valentino/+archive/eotools
>
> for packaging source code (upstream source
> are not in the repo).
>

> Any kind of feedback is welcome.

I strongly suggest to use a git repository to allow a distributed workflow
which would be a fundamental plus for those programs.
At the time, I excluded most of them because of licenses which make
them undistributable or non-free in the best case.
But indeed your effort can help a few people: I'd concetrate on
non java stuff.