Re: [DebianGIS] Putting libgis into Debian GIS tasks (Was: RFS: libgis - virtual globe library)

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 06:11:57AM +0000, Andy Spencer wrote:
> After much consideration, I've decided to rename "libgis" to "grits"
> (libgrits0 in Debian speak). Not only are grits tastier and easier to
> pronounce, but they are also unheard of in Contents-i386 and on all the
> major software websites that I checked.
>
> I'll plan on starting the sed party tomorrow night.
>
> Hopefully this will make things easier going forward.

Andy

about the upstream part: I noted your version info is 0:0:0 as
consequence of not specifying LT_CURRENT/REVISION/AGE vars in your
configure.ac.
I'm not sure if the setting of LIB_VERSION is something you
did choose explicitly for successive manipulation somewhere
(but where?) or it is an oversight.