Re: [DebianGIS] Current state of Geos and TileCache packages in Squeeze

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 07:19:45AM +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 06:32:18PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Ivan Mincik <ivan.mincik@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > What about Geos updates? Is release team approval needed there also?
> >
> > Yep. Someone (frankie I guess) should prepare an update and send the
> > debdiff to debian-release for approval, then do the upload.
> >

> Seen, thanks. It will go just after final changes to grass.

I had a look to the geos 3.2.2 packages against 3.2.0 (current squeeze
version). While apparently there are only some fixes as logged in the
NEWS file, there are quite a few changes due to upgrade in autotools
versions and possibly swig. Also there is a change in the C and C++ API,
which should be correctly managed by a good deal of cascaded binNMUs.
My opinion is that in this phase of the releasing process it does not
make sense.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine