Re: [DebianGIS] DebianGis and DebianScience/Geography

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008, Chris Walker wrote:

It is true that the DebianGis metapackage isn't actually mentioned on
the DebianGis wiki page, but it still seems suboptimal if the two get
out of sync.

In principle the situation science-geography -> Debian GIS is
similar to science -biology -> Debian Med.  The problem is that
Debian GIS has actually not really released some metapackages
to depend from.

Fro the tasks / bugs pages the synchronisation will be done once
the Meta-Depends feature is implemented.  As I announced previousely
it is planned to implement this field pointing to a tasks file
in SVN and including the dependant packages as if they were mentioned
explicitely.  I hope to be able to implement this in January at the
Debian Edu gathering.

This might be a solution as well to build metapackages once blends-dev
will be rewritten to use the same tasks file parsing code which is
planned in the long run to solve some constraints of the current
system.  But the implementation will not happen in the next three
monthes.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--