Re: [DebianGIS] GMTHOME in GMT?

Hamish:
> > $ gmtinfo ETOPO1_Bed_g.grd
> > gmtmggpath_init: Environment variable GMTHOME not set!

Francesco:
> Uhm, do you mind to read README.Debian? It clearly states
> that you have to use the GMT wrapper instead of calling the gmt
> tools directly or pollute your $PATH with /usr/lib/gmt/bin binaries.
> I did not check but that gmtinfo file needs to cope with
> that.
> See GMT(1).

well, yeah, that's the first thing I did. gmt/bin has been in my $PATH
for months, and all the gmt programs I've used until now have worked fine.

but $PATH is not the problem here,

$ GMT gmtinfo ETOPO1_Bed_g.grd
gmtmggpath_init: Environment variable GMTHOME not set!

$ GMT gmtlist ETOPO1_Bed_g.grd
binlegs: Environment variable GMTHOME not set!

setting GMTHOME=/usr/share/gmt manually creates other errors:

$ export GMTHOME=/usr/share/gmt
$ GMT gmtlist ETOPO1_Bed_g.grd
GMT Fatal Error: /usr/share/gmt/share/pslib/PS_font_info.d: No such file or directory
$ locate PS_font_info.d
/usr/share/gmt/pslib/PS_font_info.d

the hardcoded paths in those programs have not been changed to reflect
the debianization.

again this is in the etch package, I don't know if further patches have
been applied in lenny, but would like to ensure that while we still have
a chance to fix it.

Hamish