[DebianGIS] LiveDVD, next steps

Now that we have finished building the LiveDVD for FOSS4G2008, I'd like to hear thoughts on how we should progress for future versions of the LiveDVD.

What should we be aiming to achieve? I'm hoping to see a self sustaining GeoOSS LiveDVD project in place by FOSS4G 2009. We might produce multiple LiveDVDs, but we should have one super straight forward demo for newbies (to be handed out at conferences).

How should we be addressing these aims technically?
I'm guessing we should be aiming to package the GeoFOSS packages into .deb files? Does anyone have experience with this that can suggest how we should move forward, especially for the java packages?

What project resources do we need to set up?

I'm hoping we can start laying down some ideas here which can be used as a basis for the Birds of a Feather discussions at FOSS4G.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect

Think Globally, Fix Locally