Re: [DebianGIS] [OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G LiveCD

2008/9/17 Luca Casagrande <luca.casagrande@gmail.com>:
> 2008/9/17 Mark Leslie <mrk.leslie@gmail.com>:
>> As far as I know, nobody is updating the image at the moment, so we're
>> going to take it back for the day.  We're planning on fixing the
>> autologin issue, a firefox config issue, and see what we have time to
>> get done after that.  We'll upload it to the server at COB today (5:30
>> AEST) and I'll send out another email.
>

> Hi Mark!
> Thanks for the login info..yesterday we were going crazy to understand
> the problem :D
> I tested the iso and it works fine, just some things:
>
> - The GISDBASE setting inside .grassrc6 file in user's home, should be
> changed according the new
> user (demo instead of ubuntu).
> - Please add your packages, and reference to people working on this
> project to the
> readme file on the Desktop.
>
> Bye
> Luca

Thanks for the testing, I'll add your updates to my todo list :)

We have a new image available (link below).  We have (hopefully)
resolved the login issue.  The previous username/password of demo/demo
is still in effect if needed.

So now the call goes out again, if anybody wants to take control of
the image and install some applications or data, state your intentions
here, and have at'r.  I'm still waiting on finding out just how long
is required to get the images burned before the conference, but at the
moment the plan is to have the scope stable by friday, ie. no adding
of data or applications, no significant configuration changes.  After
that, we'll have some time to test (and fix), add documentation and
clean up the look of the thing.

http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/FOSS4G-2008-LiveDVD-Alpha2.iso

--
Mark Leslie
Geospatial Software Architect

Ph: +61 2 8570 5000 Fax: +61 2 8570 5099 Mob: +61
Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf 19-21 Pirrama Rd Pyrmont NSW 2009

LISAsoft is part of the A2end Group of Companies
http://www.ardec.com.au
http://www.lisasoft.com
http://www.terrapages.com