Re: [DebianGIS] binNMU for gdal and then mapserver

> The gdal library seems needing a rebuild with current GCC, and than
> mapserver and other rdependencies (I guess all those that use its
> unofficial C++ API :-/ so currently just mapserver) need to be rebuilt
> against it.

If this is #489124, could you mention why rebuilding will fix?

> Oh well, I added a strict version build-dependency on libgdal1-dev
> >>1.5.2-2 to mapserver (still to be uploaded) and that should work if
> you scheduled a binNMU for gdal.

I guess it's not *that* important, but I'm not a big fan of bumping
version constraints in build-dependencies for such cases. If you'd like,
I could set a dep-wait on the binNMUed gdal for you.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                        Listening to: David Bowie - Something in the air