Re: [DebianGIS] binNMU for gdal and then mapserver

Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
The gdal library seems needing a rebuild with current GCC, and than mapserver and other rdependencies (I guess all those that use its unofficial C++ API :-/ so currently just mapserver) need to be rebuilt against it. I found that I can also re-activate optimization in mapserver, without problems in that case, so a source modification would be more appropriate in that case. That should fix #489124. What's the better
way to proceed in this case?

Frankie,

I'm unclear on whether the conclusion is that this problem is caused by
a change in the C++ ABI in GDAL (which we would want to know and address
upstream) or C++ ABI changes due to a change of compiler version for one
component and not the other (which we of course don't care about upstream).

Best regards,
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam@pobox.com