Re: [DebianGIS] What should go into Lenny, aka Where 2.0

Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> Hi all
>
> This is the second message of my Status of the Map series for DebianGis.
> In the past month my own efforts have beeen concentrated on stabilizing
> our major packages. As always it happens, our buildd network and britney
> do their best in order to delay package migration, in a way or another :-)
>
> I'm CC to d-release because of interest for RMs.
>
> So this is my wish list for packages that should enter Lenny and still
> are waiting in the Limbo of 'still not in testing' for various reasons.
>
>  * Mapserver 5.0.3-2 must enter Lenny, it has quite a good deal of upstream
>    fixes and is working with gcc 4.3, the 5.0.2-3 currently in Lenny
>    is not (RC bug filed about that).

It's waiting for ruby1.9 which FTBFS on quite some architectures.

It also FTBFS on hppa...

>  * GDAL 1.5.2-1 should enter Lenny, it has many upstream fixes and
>    it's in better shape than 1.5.1-4 at packaging level due to a wrong
>    patch and some not-installed binaries. I'm going to include one
>    more patch to fix an upstream issue. I doubt we will be in time
>    for 1.5.3, which will be anyway a pure bug fixing release, so
>    great and perfect.

1.5.2-2 is only just uploaded...

>  * GMT 4.3.1 would be nice to have in testing. GMT is stable and
>    largely :-) used. It has some nice testing scripts that I use to
>    check the package, so I'm quite confident it does not break
>    anything.

4.3.1-3 was uploaded recently...

>  * Postgis 1.3.3 is a MUST. It fixes RCs and is ok to migrate to
>    Lenny with one more patch that allow users to migrate softly
>    their DBs.

Looks promissing, is only waiting for a build on alpha AFAICS.

>  * Viking and mapnik should enter naturally Lenny AFAIK in a few.

mapnik is in testing, viking is only waiting for a successful build on arm.

Cheers

Luk