Re: [DebianGIS] mapserver 5.0

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 07:07:52AM +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> A beta2 is now available:
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/download/beta/
> the biggest change for packaging, I think is the move from GD to AGG for
> rendering.

About which, I wonder why is there only a -dev package with static libs.
And current package also removed some non-free parts of the library (gpc).
I'm starting to think GIS people have a specific taste for on-the-edge
libraries and stuff. Is that a funny way to avoid having packages at all
around and possibly also users?