Re: [DebianGIS] current state

On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 07:51:46AM -0700, Sunburned Surveyor wrote:
>  I've been using Debian for a couple of years now, and I've been
> lurking on this list almost as long. I work as a project administrator
> for the JUMP Pilot Project and as a programmer on OpenJUMP.
>
> I've never made Debian packages before, but I have read a little about
> what is required. I might be able to work on some Debian packages for
> open source Java GIS programs and libraries. I'd like to get started
> with a package for OpenJUMP and JTS, and I could probably follow up
> with some packages for GeoTools.
>
> If you guys could help me out with a question or two as I work through
> the packaging process I'd be willing to take a stab at this. I think
> I'll need to ask someone here to sponsor the packages.
>
> Landon

You are welcome, please prepare tentative new packages and we will follow
with suggestions and comments. Diff files for pre-existent packages
against the svn repo are also welcome. JTS is already up-to-date, BTW.
Do you have some advancement for that?

Yep, see also http://wiki.debian.org/DebianGis/ToDo