[DebianGIS] new GMT packages; added MB-System to the package wishlist

Hi,

There hasn't been a new GMT package in unstable since 2006-08-24, since
then a few new versions have come out.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gmt.html
http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu

The new GMT version is already loaded into our Alioth SVN, the changelog
there shows updates have been started for the new 4.2.0 release, incl.
DebianGIS group maintainership.

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-grass/packages/gmt/trunk/debian/changelog

I'd like to use it with MB-System software, but that needs a version of
gmt >=4.1.4.

MB-System is "Mapping the Seafloor: Software for the Processing and
Display of Swath Sonar Data". I've just added it to the to-package
wishlist in the DebianGIS wiki. (GPL; mature actively maintained NSF
funded project)
  http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/res/pi/MB-System/

what help can we give to make these things happen?

thanks,
Hamish