Re: [DebianGIS] Re: Maintainers/Uploaders policy

Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 11:12:43PM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine
> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 13, 2007 at 12:38:32PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > >
> > > [Francesco P. Lovergine]

> > > Sounds in general like a good idea to me.  Not sure if the cut-off
> > > point should be 1 year or something else.  It would make it easier
> > > to see who is actively maintaining the packages.
> >
> > Which is indee my idea in ordet to avoid too much Uploaders noise...
> >
> > > But we should not make uploads just for that change.  It should be
> > > uploaded when other and more vital changes are done to the
> > > packages.
> >
> > Well, that was implicit in my idea :)
>
> Due to lack of any dissent, I updated the wiki about this criterium.

Hi,

Just a short note to concur with the 1 year cut off date perhaps being
too short. Some mature & well used packages are not updated that often
(e.g. the proj package is generally an annual update, folks might be
prematurely removed due to the nature of the package, not their activity
& interest level.  http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/proj.html)
For that reason, and for some synchrony with the ~18 month Debian
release cycle (i.e. catch info for slighlty more than a single release),
I suggest the cut off be 2 years.

2c,
Hamish