Re: [DebianGIS] grass-cvs

Hello Paolo, all,

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:23:02 +0200 Paolo Cavallini
<cavallini@faunalia.it> wrote:

> Hi all.
> I'm regularly compiling (by checkinstall) grass and qgis from cvs/svn,
> but I have a problem related to Debian packaging: debian package is
> split in grass and libgrass, with libgdal-grass (thus also the much
> needed qgis-grass plugin) depending on libgrass. Checkinstall instead
> packages grass as a whole "package". As a result, after installation
> the system complains of a missing dependency. I ma therefore forced to
> downgrade grass, install libgrass and libgdal-grass, and reinstalling
> grass-cvs.
> Could someone suggest a more elegant solution (yet, if possible, a
> simple one)?
> Many thanks.

Wasn't the idea of splitting libgrass into separate package to make it
possible to link gdal against grass without installing the whole GRASS?!

That we are currently at it and Stephen imported the new SVN, I would
like to suggest a second GRASS-SVN-entry for debian/ dealing with the
GRASS-CVS-version.

AFAIK there are some changes to build proper debian_packages using
GRASS-CVS and stable GRASS with the debian-folder on alioth.
This would come arround the problem Paolo had. Also checkinstall could
be avoided.

What do others think?

Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover