Re: [DebianGIS] postgis sponsorship

* Schuyler Erle (schuyler@nocat.net) wrote:
> +1. PostGIS is an important part of the OSGeo software stack! Any
> effort that goes to maintaining it is much appreciated, and we should
> look seriously at finding you another sponsor.

PostGIS packages have been uploaded to unstable/NEW in Debian proper.
I'll be loading what was uploaded into the DebianGIS svn repository
either today or tommorow.  Anyone will be able to see what the current
state of the packages are and can submit patches and/or suggestions on
how to improve them.  In general, for large changes I'd like to review
them before they're committed (which would also include things like
changing the build system or adding lots of files or serious changes to
upstream unless they've been included by upstream already, etc...) but I
don't mind anyone with access to the repository making small changes
directly to improve the packages.

About the worst thing anyone could do at this point would be to upload
competeing packages to Debian.  I've talked to Joerg Jaspert (Debian
ftpmaster) a bit about the status of PostGIS and hope that the packages
will be through the NEW queue soon.

	Thanks,

		Stephen