[DebianGIS] Re: Debian GIS CDD

[Paulo Marcondes]
> Yes...
> Yesterday I got a copy of Anreas Tille's "Custom Debian Distributions"
> and he fails to mention d-gis...I was wondering the reasons why that
> happened...

I would guess he forgot about us because we have very low
visibility. :) Send him an email and I am sure he will add debian-gis
to the article. :)

> Petter, I am not sure.. I thought one needed to get DD status before
> getting write permissions on alioth, isn't it?

Everyone can get write permissions on Alioth.  Just register and ask
the project admin to have your user added to the project to get write
access.  Of course, every Alioth project have different policies on
who get write access, but DD status is not required.

> How should we, with so few DDs got to start a CDD in alioth?

I recommend using the debian-gis Alioth project, creating a directory
in the svn repository for the scripts and configuration.  It is very
similar to how we do it in debian-edu. :)