[DebianGIS] Debian-GIS-CDD: current ideas

Guys,

I am not sure how to approach this question, so I'll try going
straight to the point...

The CDD disks should be used to install a customized debian system.
Debian was once famous for it's hard installation procedure, so I
think many people would be frightened to try debian upfront.
So, to overcome this initial issue, I thought that one good approach
to the divulgation issue is a LiveCD. Not sure how big that would be,
but we should only include the gis-related software.

And, inspired in The Open CD [1] and Mepis [2], I thought we could put
those two ideas inside the same disk. That would serve both the demo
issue and the distribution issue, perhaps with another CD just with
packages, if needed.

A friend from the local DUG tried, and succeeded with a Live CD based
on Morphix (which is based on Debian), and told me that it's easy to
accomplish a LiveCD. He has a presentation here [6] (portuguese only)

So, the issue that now arises is: how to integrate those two (live and
install) in the same disk?
One idea that came to me is putting it via boot menus, that should be easy.
The other is something like Mepis did - an icon in the desktop [3] -
but that will be dependent on Debian's graphical installer - I am not
on par with developments on this component.

So, for the moment, it seems that generating a CDD is just a matter of
creating the relevant meta-packages...(I know  that's not the whole
truth, but I mean to illude myself for a while longer =D)

The docs I am reading are:
Custom Debian Distributions, by Andreas Tille (en) [4]
Howto create a Debian customization, by libertas-br (pt-br) [5]

[1] http://www.theopencd.org
[2] http://www.mepis.com
[3] http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=614&slide=5&title=simplymepis+6.0+alpha+2+screenshots
[4]