Re: [DebianGIS] Debian GIS CDD

Hamish and all,

I know, there are many livecds for GIS (and I'm currently supporting one of then), but my idea is to create a official CDD for Debian GIS, with a regular schedule of release (maybe 6 months), and things like that.

For Paulo M.... Well, I don't plan to dump Poseidon Linux, but I trying to contribute to Debian making things more official.

It's a huge amount of work, but it's not impossible. Also, I have contact/support from the main Debian-BR-CDD developer (he also lives 60km from my town).

There is a excellent tutorial for building Debian-CDD, but unfortunately it's only available on Brazilian Portuguese (I have found the pdf somewhere).

Well, I'm nobody... but that's where I can help, if the main supporters of Debian GIS thinks that a CDD version is good idea just tell me.

Cheers,

On 4/25/06, Hamish <hamish_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Are there some people already working on a CDD version for Debian GIS? If
> yes or no I'm a volunteer... a have some experience since I already maintain
> a similar distro on Brazil based on Debian/Knoppix (Poseidon Linux), and now
> I trying to join forces (officially) with the Debian project.

Some links here:
   http://grass.ibiblio.org/download/cdrom.php

Hamish

--