Re: [DebianGIS] Debian GIS CDD

2006/4/25, Christian Ferreira <christian.grass@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>

> Are there some people already working on a CDD version for Debian GIS? If
> yes or no I'm a volunteer... a have some experience since I already maintain
> a similar distro on Brazil based on Debian/Knoppix (Poseidon Linux), and now
> I trying to join forces (officially) with the Debian project.

Hi Chris,

Are you thinking on dumping Poseidon?
Because, the way I see things managing a distro is a huge timesink...

Maybe CDD-GIS could (and would) benefit from the excelent work done by
other CDDs, specially (because is the only one I know personally)
BR-CDD [1]

However, given your interest in this and you previous experience with
Poseidon, I should point you to a similar initiative that was
discussed in the OSGeo realm [2].
Please, take your time to read this material and contribute. Have a
word with the br-cdd guys and with Elton Uchoa, he is (was) involved
in the OSGEO effort.

It should not prove too dificult to assemble a full geospatial stack,
other than lack of debian packages proper.
Then, it should be useful to cooperate upstream to have them do the
necessary customizations.

Well, at least I have some due translations upstream...

Thus, we should achieve world dominance in the geospatial industry...
Huahuahuahuahuahua

[1] http://cdd.debianbrasil.org
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Distribution_Special_Interest_Groups
and several emails...