Re: [DebianGIS] upload new postgis to unstable

* Matt Taggart (taggart@debian.org) wrote:
> alex bodnaru writes...
> > recently, my debian sponsor, giuseppe sacco, passed the torch to fabio
> > tranchitella, in a hope to see postgis in unstable.
>
> Is there any reason the version in the alioth repo couldn't be uploaded to
> unstable right away? I haven't looked at it yet, but assuming there are no
> major problems I think it would be good to upload it so it can replace the
> existing one.

I'd encourage you to look at it before suggesting it be uploaded.  I'll
take a look at it in the next day or two and comment on it to the list
again.  Believe me when I say that I'd really like a more recent version
of PostGIS in Debian but I also would like something that would be
useful...

	Thanks,

		Stephen