From: Jon Saints <saintsjd@yahoo.com>
To: Debian GIS <pkg-grass-general@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Sent: Fri 06 Jan 2006 04:20:16 PM MST
Subject: [DebianGIS] libgdal renaming

I believe that I have successfully renamed the GDAL libraries (as a result of our recent discussions) on a local copy of the gdal 1.3.1 debian folder on my local computer.  I am rebuilding the packages and testing now.  Just didnt want others to duplicate work unnecessarily.  If the tests go well, I will commit my changes.

 The new libgdal packages will be libgdal1-1.3.1 / libgdal1-1.3.1-dev etc.

 Thanks
 Jon