Re: [DebianGIS] gdal

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 09:07:27AM +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> I got lost in the discussions; could someone just quickly outline the status
> of gdal 1.3.1, including the gdal-grass and ogr-grass plugins? These are
> important for our work, and I suspect some crash in mapscript and qgis could
> be related to this. I assume a new version will bring a whole new round of
> recompilation of qgis, grass, mapserver, postgis etc., right? So the wait
> could become long if not well coordinated.

Status is: We decided about the naming of the new gdal package. Is just
has to be build with some little changes.

I have a few hours tomorrow where I would like to build new packages for
debian-gis. If gdal has been packaged until then I will take thuban and
gdal-grass on my list. Otherwise I will first start with gdal and then
go on to the others.

I can't promise that I will finish work tomorrow but I will do my very
best :-)

Greetings,

	Silke

--
Intevation GmbH

Georgstrasse 4                    49074 Osnabrück, Germany
http://intevation.de              http://intevation.de/~silke
FreeGIS.org                       http://freegis.org/