Re: [DebianGIS] gdal package names?

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 05:15:40PM +0100, Francesco Paolo Lovergine wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 10:03:07AM -0500, Steve Halasz wrote:
> > >
> > > libgdal1-1.3
> > > libgdal1-1.3-dev
> > >
> > > could suffices.
> >
> > I like having the minor version in there since the expectation is that
> > the ABI will change even for minor versions.
> >

> Well the C++ ABI could change also independently by the ustream intentions
> (as the latest migration in sid showned) and could require appending
> some more exotic suffix. Anyway, here we go... I added a couple of
> details in the changelog on CVS. Whenever you did the last change
> we can upload and start the Great Sync for all dependent packages
> whenever the package would pass the NEW queue.

I lost track of the open problems. If I look at the BTS it seems that
only http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=309165 is open
which should be solved automatically by the new version. Right?

I ask because I definately have a few hours on Saturday where I could
work on preparing a new gdal package or any other correlated work.

	Silke

--
Intevation GmbH

Georgstrasse 4                    49074 Osnabrück, Germany
http://intevation.de              http://intevation.de/~silke
FreeGIS.org                       http://freegis.org/